Here is a list of my best guesses for what will happen in 2012:
1. Mitt Romney will be the Republican nominee for president.
2. Ron Paul will not run a third party campaign.
3. No Democrat will challenge Barack Obama for the nomination.
4. Obama will keep Joe Biden as his running mate. All this talk of Hillary Clinton joining the ticket is wishful thinking on Democrats’ part.
5. Herman Cain will become a contributor to FOX News in the same capacity as Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich.
6. Palin will endorse Romney, thereby speeding up her journey into irrelevancy.
7. The Occupy movement will only be allowed to go on as long as it is convenient for Obama.
8. The United States Supreme Court will strike down ObamaCare in a 5-4 decision.
9. Romney will choose a battleground state governor as his running mate. Best guess? New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez.
10. The economy will be Obama’s worst enemy during the campaign.
11. Romney will narrowly defeat Obama in November in an electoral map that will look much like 2000 and 2004.
12. Republicans will keep the House, but with a slimmer majority
13. Republicans will gain a 51-53 seat majority in the senate even though Scott Brown will lose his reelection bid in Massachusetts.
14. There will be no armed conflict between the United states and Iran.
15. The Dark Knight Rises will be the biggest movie of the year.
16. The world will not end with the Mayan calendar.